Sustainable Tourism Certificate for Hotel Punta Leona Costa RicaDec 06, 2013
Punta Leona Nature
What is it?
It is a stamp for environmental quality that accredits tourist companies that integrate environmental factors in their operations: management of natural resources, management of sewage, water management for consumers, ecological promotion and preservation among others.
CST is a program that certifies companies that protect environment in a tourist activity under the concept Responsible Tourism.
What does it evaluate?
Physical – biological: The interaction between the company and environment with special emphasis on waste treatment and the protection of flora and fauna among others.
Service Plant: Aspects related to the systems and internal processes of the company as to its management of waste and its use of technology to economize its use of water and electricity.
External clients: Management’s actions to invite clients to participate in the implementation of environmental programs of the company.
Social- economic: The identification and interaction of the company with its neighboring communities, analyzing for example, the degree in which hotels respond to growth and development of the region through jobs or other benefits.
Who gives this award?
Government and non government institutions related to the protection of the environment, health or tourism: Instituto Costarricense de Turismo (ICT), la Universidad de Costa Rica (UCR), Cámara Nacional de Turismo (CANATUR), Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad (INBio), Ministerio de Ambiente y Energía (MINAE), Instituto Centroamericano de Administración de Empresas (INCAE), Consejo de la Tierra, la Unión Mundial para la Conservación de la Naturaleza (UICN)
CST in Hotel Punta Leona guarantees:
- We avoid pollution
- We take action in conservation
- We manage the waste we produce
- We consume biodegradable products and we recycle
- We have a program to economize electricity
- We encourage our visitors to know and protect our natural resources
- We follow the norms set for the protection of the environment, flora y fauna, archeological patrimony, and social security.
- We employ and train our community members
- We promote the traditions and customs of the country through typical food and local crafts.